Sunday 28 August 2011

20th

So today is 20th past 8 daz...!!
20th means a big date for me...so todayz post is dedicated to the date 20th!

Its that my first experience with career workshops began in the month of January.
EHL is all providing edu counseling.Why i loved this concept was  because,had i had this edu counseling,i would not have ended up as an engineer.It was a compromise on life for 4 years.What i had undergone,anyone else shouldn't!
So...soon after my final sem exams,i hit EHL office frequently.And all happened on the 19th of May.
I was so hell informally dressed..uff!!Just cant describe in words.And Mayur...The then CEO had offered me an internship with a good stipend.It was just wow!!I jumped at the first go!!!OMG!!Mayur after knowing that Geetha S Prasad is a moving mess offered me an internship...is what is worth a surprised AWW!!:O
My work began seriously from May 20th 2011 and my are of work was fund raising.....an area i never knew,the tactics,approach,diplomacy and stuff.Fundraising is all about raising funds without compromising on your self respect.
I was a set a real big and a huge and an unimaginably big figure of 10Lakhs.That  10 L just kept me awake for so many nights just worrying about how would i raise so much.With a pay comes more responsibility....One month,one complete month,one solid month  it took just to prepare all the materials required for fund raising.and trust me..i did that with all my heart,mind and soul into it.

Office ambience was absolutely congenial,absolutely at home feel.I had Shalin,Ishaan,Charan,Thatha,Lukky,Akki,Mehak,Nagesh,Shrihari,Hari and Mayur as a visitor(hez a buzy man,works in about 4 roles in a day).It was fun being out there.That figure of 10l never bothered me,so long i was with them.I got real close to them.
It was time ticking closer to the 20th of June which would mean,"Geetha,you are done with your internship.Its time for you to leave"This thought just drove me so mad at things,it just suffocated me...!
And finally it was 20th of June...Trust me,my heart was not beating,it was thumping.and then came as a surprise that  meant "Gal! you are in!!your internship has been extended".That moment was  something that i can never forget.(beta.....dil mein laddu foota..!!!,mere dil mein guitars and drums and casios bajne lage...)


Break free.......!!!I was back with my freinds.BAck to work,back to fun,and finally back to life!
The daily self-assessments were supposed to be submitted to Mayur, assessed against the job you were entitled for.I never set out for fund raising,because i just wanted  someone who could train me and lead me by hand and then once i have confidence,i would head it all by myself.Uff...all that never happened.So in my self assessment i graded myself a "C" which means poor. and yes i was because i could not raise a penny!I felt redundant,damp and sick.It was nearing the 20th of July...and this time i was sure...i   would be turned out.I had delivered no productive work at all,not even in the area i was entitled for!

And again a bang on!!I was in!Now that was beyond a surprise....I was redundant,i knew there is nothing i could do out there.What ever!The point is....I was in EHL back!!
I'm an absolute mess,I talk a lot,i love fun,I make a hell lotta noise.In fact I'm proud that "silence please "boards in my office were placed for me.:P:))))
What was even more stimulating was that my focus of work had shifted from fundraising to editor in chief,as i was called formally...:P.I love words,so....This was pretty satisfying a job.:)

Then came lots of events lined up.I stretched beyond my area of concern and started working in CWs also.We had one successful anti-corruption walk.So August was a busy month big time.
August was also a month of "Koi aaneko hai".August 22nd came my new CEO Chandrashekhar Puch,foncly called as Chandu,more fondly called as Puch.:P

The work pressure was ausum.In fact I started discovering new capabilities in me,it woke up all the dormant abilities in me....The structure of our office was to take a real good shape,but then!!It was the 20th phobia again.I'm not sure if i would continue here further or i would be tatfied!:((

I'm still waiting for response.Life was at the edge of the iceberg.But not to fall in pit,i still had a few more options open.I wanted to see EHL bloom,blossom!All I'm getting at is.....I don't want to leave EHL for any reason.



I gotta be waiting till 31st of August to know if i can continue or not

EHL ki mala mein piroyi hui mothi hun......Mujhe tut ke bikharna nai hai...........:(((
!

No comments:

Post a Comment